Wednesday, April 05, 2006

"I've heard no report of thousands of people at the convention center"

I know this seems like old news, but I was listening to the NPR "Memorable Moments" podcast this morning and heard an interview with Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff held during the Katrina crisis which reminded me of just how badly the US government responded to that situation. Listen to it and see if it makes you as angry as it made me.
I heard another interview recently that forecasted a rise in sea level of 20 feet if the ocean temperatures continue to warm at the rate they are now. You've got to figure that a twenty foot sea level increase won't happen one inch at a time, but will happen in spurts, with many situations similar to Katrina, when a storm will flood a coastal city and the floods just won't recede back into the ocean. If that's what lies in our future then I hope our leaders are adjusting to their utter failure with Katrina.

No comments: